The 695 thought pad

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Very quick update

I have to finish off my 20 page term paper, but I'd like to share a few tidbits because I miss not having you guys in the loop. And my loop is big and crazy and filled with little loops. And by loops I means stories.

Anyhoo, so that girl Kerri I mentioned in my last post came to Guelph this past Friday to console her/our friend who had just broken up with her boyfriend so we all headed out for the night. I hadn't seen Kerry since that magical drunk night three weeks ago, but we had spoken on the phone a couple of times and had emailed. I didn't want to get a relationship going over msn so I stuck with the other options. We headed out to *gulp* Trappers for some reason, but we actually had a good time once we learned to ignore the 17 year-olds dressing like 25 year-olds. Good music, good conversation, good times. Then I introduced people to Salsateria and got some rave reviews. I got the vegan fajita, but only had a couple of the chips and decided not to even take a bite of it because it looked very gross. Not the best decision. So I went back to the place where Kerri was staying and we ended up talking from about 1:30 to around7am. It seriously seemed like an hour, but then we fell asleep and an hour later someone left for work! Then we woke up at 11 and talked again until 5:30. We didn't even get up to eat. We didn't move from our spots on the couch. It was just so great and we really just lost ourselves in the conversation. We then headed to Shakes with a couple other people, then came back to the house and talked again for a while after Capote (not as good as I expected), watched some Grey's Anatomy (first season on DVD), and then I did the semi-walk of shame home...still wearing dress shoes, hair standing up, looking straight down at the sidewalk. I will admit that Kerri is a little tough to read. I honestly don't know how interested she is...I feel like I got a little more out of the conversations than she did and when I called her tonight something just seemed a little off. It's very likely I'm reading too much into nothing, but I can't help but think. Regardless, it was a great weekend.

Oh, and one of the guys who came to Shake's with us HATES the Leafs, so Kerri got to see my irrational Leafs side :) There were many-a-squeaky voice exchanges.

K need to get back to work. Miss you guys :

Dave

1 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger SophistiKat said...

The squeaky voice had to come out sometime. Sounds like a good weekend. I hope it's what you think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home