The 695 thought pad

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Torn to shreds

Okay, you March Madness-o-philes, I'm here with an update on the results after the first round. I have to say, I feel like a dog with its tail between its legs. I'm ready to fold on my bracket after the first two days. There have been some key upsets and unbelievable outcomes that have really ripped me up. Truth be told, my so-called "champion" is already out. (Friggin' Orangemen, you are dead to me. McNamara as savior, my ass.) So, let's get to the figures, shall we. After one round of play, the number of correct predictions for each person are as follows:

Kat: 22
Nick: 22
Sue: 23
Amanda: 23
Dave: 26
Sarah: 26

But, even though I may be tied for last place, I'm excited, because this is a perfect example of this tournament. The fact that there can be so many unexpected outcomes makes it such a joy to watch.

I'm also in a good mood, 'cause Louiville won their first round in the NIT, and I was there to see it. They go up against Clemson on Monday, and I will be there to see it, too. It's supposed to be on ESPN, so if they happen to show it up there (which I highly doubt), take a look for me and my 'rents. Up until last night, I had never been to a UofL game and now I'm going to be at two in one week. Pretty sweet.

Expect another bracket update on Monday, after round 2 is complete. Hopefully it'll go better. :(

3 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Is there a website where you can check the standings? I kinda knew that some of my teams were winning from browsing around, but I'd like a website where I can just see the breakdown of wins/losses, etc. Any suggestions?

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger manda said...

So much for Iona the Cinderella! Pffft!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger SophistiKat said...

I think this should help you out, Sarah:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatourney06/bracket

 

Post a Comment

<< Home