The 695 thought pad

Friday, September 09, 2005

I am b to the ored

I have spent the past two hours making a list of players I might want to draft in my hockey pool, checked six different hockey sites for nothing in particular, checked my email five times, and gone from jeans and a t-shirt to jogging pants and a sweater. So, I figured, why not post on the b to the log.

Ummm, our house has a ghost. No, really, we have a ghost and it has been here for a year apparently. I was telling my housemate, Erin, that I heard a beep in the hall and she said that it must be our friend, the ghost. I said, 'yeah, it must have been'. 'No, Dave, there really is a ghost here.' This ghost only makes its presence felt when the house is in 'unrest', like when people are moving out for the summer and subletters are moving in and then people move back in September. Greg, the guy who advertised the house, was in his room listening to music when his volume control on his stereo started to turn up. He told people and they thought he was crazy. But then one of the other guys was in Greg's room listening to music and the volume knob turned up again. Then, Erin went to look for the can opener and it was missing. Noone said they had used it and, if they had, they would have put it back. Two days later, the can opener was back in the drawer at the very back.

Now, I know I sound a little crazy (or maybe very crazy), but Erin is totally serious about this! I'm going to ask everyone else about this ghost friend and I'll keep you posted. And after watching Most Haunted for a while, I not only believe it's possible, but every creek freaks the hell outta me!

Song of the day - actually, I have two: X&Y, by Colplay from the album of the same name; Almost Forgot Myself, by The Doves from Some Cities.

Here are a couple random quotes from the Pad:

Me: Whoa. I was thinking ahead of my typing.
- the night Sarah had to explain "come into my mouth little fish" to me four times. I still don't get it!!!:p

West: Where is she? I was trying to get her body position.
- Sarah on the pop-up Kama Sutra

West: When they started this commericial, I thought they were going to play Thriller.

West: Suck the fuck up.

Vernooy: Arrr, there be a pirate cookie in my milk.

Dave: Her squeaks are like skipping stones!
Kat: The better the throw, the more the squeaks!

Dave: If you were stranded on a desert island, wouldn't you choose salsa for life over a tit?

Kat: Don't come back in like, never.

Alright that's all for now :)

- Dave

2 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger manda said...

one of the guys I worked with at shoppers this summer lives over on edinburgh and his house has a ghost too! They hear footsteps all the time when no one else is home. Al long as the ghost is friendly though, it should be ok :) pretty sure I would still crap my pants though. Keep us posted!

and don't blog in like, never, guys!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Leafer said...

Yay ghost! You know, something had to take the place of Amanda, in terms of the startle factor. I'm excited to visit! As manda said, "keep us posted!"

-kcf

 

Post a Comment

<< Home