The 695 thought pad

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Not retarded afterall! (thanks Kat)

Ok, my first blog! I have to say I'm disappointed at the turn-out on this page 695ers. I am just about to post more blogs than most of you and I was without internet for two weeks! Come on!

Anyway, I guess you all got the group email, so I won't go over the trip again, but I'll paste it at the end here. No new news really. I've been looking for a job this week, but nothing yet. I hate to get discouraged (given that I've only been looking for three days!), but I am. I really want to be working! We're (a) running out of money, and (b) it's just going to be me here alone next week while Remi is on a field trip 4 hours away!! This means I will definitely be lonely. We haven't met anyone here yet to call a friend and I certainly won't be hanging out with the crack whore (I'm not joking, she's a methadone patient) upstairs. I don't even want to talk to her! So next week it's going to be just me and the Maggers (who has fleas and therefore is not allowed in our bedroom). OH! And gas prices out here are $1.17/litre right now (goddamn you Bush!), so I won't even be making any day trips to Victoria or anything! BIG drag. *sigh*

OK, enough whining. Remi and I took a trip to the "beach" yesterday. Not a beach at all but a point (called Jack Point) on the ocean. It's a park with a path through the woods and a view of the sea. VERY pretty. Maggie discovered starfish ;) And by discovered I mean beat up. She was very freaked out by them and kept hoisting them up in the air and barking at them! Poor creatures! Good thing they can regenerate! Anyway, I'll put some photos of it on the site soon.

Get posting guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home