The 695 thought pad

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Interesting BC facts

I thought you guys should know how living here is different from Ontario. Here's what I've learned so far:

1) There are no skunks on Vancouver Island. Therefore pets living on the island have no need for a rabies shot.

2) The blocks of cheese are bigger here. I don't know why, they just are.

3) The yolks of eggs are not as yellow here, but just as tasty. I don't know why.

4) Milk does not come in bags here, but you can buy a 4 litre jug. I think I prefer this.

That's all for now :)

- westicle

3 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Leafer said...

What's the deal with this blogger spam??

I mean......just why?

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger manda said...

dear comment spammers:

who are you trying to kid, nobody "blog surfs", and clearly nobody but us is ever really going to enjoy this blog... and it's not informative at all! I do not care to learn about wrestling (clearly I am already an expert) or home remedies, thankyouverymuch.

Bite me,
manda

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Leafer said...

I don't remember all the details, but I know why the egg yolks are not yellow! It has something to do with there being a lack of some mineral/vitamin in the chickens' food, so the eggs aren't as yellow. Maybe beta-carotene or something. My prof mentioned this in wildlife nutrition. It apparently occurs all throughout western North America. So, no worries, Sarah, they're supposed to be that way. And I'm surprised to hear they have jugs - that's an American thing.

-kcf

 

Post a Comment

<< Home