The 695 thought pad

Friday, December 23, 2005

Wouldn't you like to spend christmas on Christmas Island?

"Christmas time is here... Happiness and cheer... Fun for all that children call... Their favorite time of the year..."

I'm going to a barn party tonight. I've always wanted to go to a party like the one Ebenezer Scrooge went to in his youth and revisits with the ghost of Christmas Past. I don't know if that's what it's going to be like, but a girl can dream. Plus, there stands a good chance of nog and mulled cider or wine being there, so it can't be too bad. I'll let you know if my dream comes true.

I went to a party last Friday, and let's just say it wasn't my shining hour. I think I passed out about midnight and had to be drug out of the bathroom by Kayla, after divesting the contents of my stomach of course. What befuddles me is that I got sick off of 4 drinks. The only thing I can think that happened was that I hadn't had dinner before that, but I was snacking during. Oh well, it still ended up being an interesting night. If you're looking to entertain a group of drunken individuals, try Twister; it's sure to please.

Our tree is not up yet. All week I've been trying to motivate my parents to get their arses in gear, but my frustration is getting the better of me. I'm hoping that while I'm gone tonight, the tree may magically appear. We will see...

Anyway, I've just been wrapping, baking, decorating, sending, and shopping this past week. Taking it easy and doing the typical stuff. We are planning on going down to Raleigh after xmas, but I'm going to drive separately so that I can come back for New Year's. I don't have plans yet, but that doesn't mean I won't. I would love to be with you guys for it. I wonder how long it would take to drive from Raleigh to southern Ontario... but I digress. Anyway, I need to go. The barn party (aka the "Ho Ho Hoedown" - isn't that great!) awaits.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

3 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yay, barn party! I hope you pick up, 4man. And hell, we've all had nights like those... Past out by midnight is nothing to shake a stick at! Remember when Amanda passed out before midnight a couple New Years ago?? And when I puked all over the bathroom wall, forgot about it, was proud that I hadn't puked everywhere, and then learned that Graham had actually cleaned it up??

*sigh* Those were the days ;)

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger manda said...

I didn't pass out, I was napping. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Also, you know what popped into my head the other day at work and I LOL'ed? SEMEN CHEESE!

anyway, merry xmas, we're off to the 'stock!

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger SophistiKat said...

It's funny you should mention semen cheese, 'cause they had the hugest wheel of brie at the party! I couldn't believe it. And it sure was tasty. ;)

BTW, the party was a bit of a disappointment - no nog, mulled wine, no available men, and I didn't really have anyone to talk to. So, I still have a dream.

I'm off to NC tomorrow, so I'll check in a few.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home