The 695 thought pad

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merrrrrrrrrrrrry X-Mas

It's 11:05pm and I'm sure you're all tucked away in your beds awaiting Santa. I'm not. I'm Jewish. In fact, it's kinda lonely on Christmas Eve. L to the onely if you will. Actually, it's kind of fun to think of everyone going to bed with smiles on their faces. I always get excited the night before Channukah. There's nothing like waking up to the smell of potatoe latkah's and seeing all of the Channukah decorations and menorah's with candles. And this year is perfect for anyone buying gifts for Jewish friends: you can shop on Boxing Day! I'm heading to Vortex (the used record store) first thing with my friend Chris and we're going to browse like we've never browsed before! I'm really only in the market for Arrested Development and Scrubs, but I highly doubt they'll have either because...well...the shows are just so darn good that noone would sell them!

I rented Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind last night and it's a good thing that I have it for a week because I have to watch it at least one more time. I can't decide if it's the saddest or the happiest movie I have ever seen. I smiled harder than in any other movie (as much as Garden State), but I also wanted to cry. And I am now in love with Kate Winslet.

Amanda, Flashwear is officially in Toronto. I was pumping gas tonight and I looked up at this Rogers billboard for the new Razor phone. It was completely dark and then bits of the sign lit up until it was completely lit, then it started over. So unless this is a totally different concept, there's a Flashwear sign one minute from my house!! I was so amazed that I went $1.36 over what I intended to pump. Sooo...if you can just have Nick stick that $1.36 cents in the mail that'd be great. Yeahhh.

So Merry Christmas you guys:) Hope it's a fun, eggnogg-filledwithvodka day!

Dave

5 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

VODKA?? Oh no no no! It's RUM in egg nog, Dave! I know you're Jewish, but COME ON! And a happy Channukah tomorrow! And for the next week or so! You Jews really know how to have a holiday! Thanks for the coolio present, dude! I hadn't bought it for myself so if you hadn't, I would have missed out! Limited edition, no? (It was the Matt Good best hits album, so everyone knows).

Anyway, Happy Christmas to everyone else :)

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Leafer said...

Ohhhh yeah...rum! Maybe they use vodka in Russia?

The DVD is awesometacular (especially the audio commentaries for every video) and the remix of Apparations is very cool. Now, I appologize if I didn't wrap the CD because I was more concerned with finding an envelope to fit everything, and I have a feeling I didn't take out the CD to wrap it once I found the right package!

Goodnight!

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger SophistiKat said...

Happy Channukah, Dave! Eat several latkas for me.

And guess what one, or two I guess I should say, of my presents were... my dad got me both seasons of AD. I couldn't believe it. ADD, here I come.

I also got the greatest thing on earth right now - the first season of the Muppet Show dvd! Oh, swedish chef, how you rock my world...

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yay! Presents! "Gimme presents" (that's an Animal quote from the Muppets Xmas - the one where they all go to Fozzie's mother's house. It has the Seasame Street gang and the Fraggles - a classic!)

Anyway, you did wrap the CD, silly, and the Channumas card was EXCELLENT! Thanks again :)

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger manda said...

whoooo flashtech! there are 9 signs in TO, and that was certainly one of them. there have been some glitches with the campaignbut overall it's gone ok.

happy channukah and have some latkes for me... mmmmmmmm!

also thanks to westicle for the gifts, the kitties love their new treats and I almost bought that book last week (now I'm glad I didn't!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home