The 695 thought pad

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Keeping up with my resolution

I'm just here to update, and maintain my guilt-free status with my resolution to post more on the blog. Unfortunately, I don't have anything exciting to talk about, but so what? I'm going to post anyway.

I think I'm becoming addicted to going to the gym. I know I've said in the past that I wasn't interested in joining a gym because I don't think I should have to pay to workout, when I could just go outside and hike, walk, etc. But this is different. First of all, my parents joined, so I started going to be part of the gang and also to help motivate them. Secondly, what else am I going to do with my time, I'm unemployed? Thirdly, I'm sick of not being active and having to buy jeans in a bigger size. And fourth, and most importantly, I haven't had to pay... yet. I started going after my parents signed up and they got me a free week. So, I cashed in my free week and have been going ever since (almost a month now), but they have yet to officially sign me up and ask for money. What's weird, though, is they check off my name when I sign the day's check-in sheet, as if I'm a genuine paying customer. But, as far as I know, I'm using it for free, and they either don't know or don't care. Fine by me! So, I've been going three times a week and I'm thinking of going a fourth. And I've been thinking that when I finally do move to another area, I'm afraid I'll have to join a gym and actually have to pay. All this comes as a bit of shock to me. But, in the meantime, I'll keep going.

I have also been watching way more football than I ever have in my life and I've decided I quite like it, both college and NFL. This also
has come as a bit of a shock to me, because, though I have always thought that watching a football game on a cool Sunday afternoon was comforting, I never really imagined that I would get very into them. But now I relish the weekend for the games that are on, especially when the Bengals play (who are now, sadly, done with their season). Interesting.

Well, that's about all I can think of writing. For the record, I have yet to hear from the NC Aquarium job, but my hopes remain high, as just today was the closing date for apps, so I have at least a week or two to remain optimistic. I am planning on heading to NC to see the rest of the family the last week of January, so if you don't hear from me then, that'd be the reason. Hope all is well with everyone, even though you aren't reading this (except Sarah). Much love.

4 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

It's so true - I AM reading!! :)

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger manda said...

oh I'm reading! I'm just not writing!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

LAZY!!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger SophistiKat said...

Mmm-hmmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home