The 695 thought pad

Saturday, October 28, 2006

It's a Southeaster'!

wooooooooooooo... woooooooooooo... woooooooooooo...

That would be the wind. It's windy here. Like gale force and greater windy. Yup, so basically no one has come into the Center for several hours and I've just been watching tv shows online. Believe me, I'd work if I could, but when no one is around, there isn't much to do. So here I am.

Well, I'm excited! My time in Maine is almost over. Halloween is my last day, but I probably won't leave right away. I have a few last minute things to take care of, but once I do leave, I'm headed to Ontario! Since my route home can be through the province without much trouble, then I'm going! I'll be making stops in Cornwall, Toronto, then through Buffalo and on. So, I'm excited! It seems like I haven't seen my friends for a while, even though Amanda and Sue visited, so I'm really looking forward to visiting.

At the same time, I'm going to miss it up here. I spent last evening on Hog Island, cooking out on a fire with the family that manages the camp and sanctuary. It was really good to be around a fire - I can't remember the last time I roasted marshmallows on an actual fire! We had hot dogs, hot apple cider, meat on a stick, baked apples, and of course s'mores! But even though a couple people were sleeping on the island, I decided not to, and I'm really glad I did! When I woke up this morning, the winds were whipping, it was raining, and the water was choppy. Not a fun time to be rowing across the water. But it was a fun night; kind of a nice way to end the season.

So, now you're wondering what am I doing after I leave Maine and the visits are over. Well, here's the answer: ???

Yup, I don't know. I'm applying to a job in Pennsylvania at an Audubon Center there, but I don't know if it's really where I want to be right now. I'm thinking about just living at home for a bit and doing some job to save up some money until the next season comes around. And I certainly haven't exhausted the job search websites yet, so I may end up at another seasonal job for the winter yet. The fall has just been going by so quickly that I've kind of failed at my goal of having something lined up for me when I'm done. Oh well, something'll come up.


So, I'm glad to hear that Amanda, Sarah, and DAVE were able to get together this past weekend, even if it was a quick visit. And it was the same weekend that Sue was visiting me, so it's as if the 695 was all together in spirit. Ah, here comes the nostalgia...

I think the last leaf has fallen, er, blown away, so I'll "leave" you there. Hope all is well with everyone, and I'll be seeing some of you soon. Much love.

Oh, and what is everyone doing for Halloween, if anything? Me? Just about nothing except buying a bag of candy for myself and carving a pumpkin if I ever get around to buying one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home