The 695 thought pad

Thursday, September 21, 2006

BAD SKUNK!

Maggie got sprayed by a skunk tonight. It was a stressful ordeal. She hates baths, I wouldn't let her touch anything - no couch, no bed... She only got sprayed on the snout and it's one of the least stinky skunk sprays I've ever smelled, but it still stressed me out and sucked large. She still smells a bit, but I think the oil is gone (after scrubbing with dog shampoo, dish soap and a baking soda/vinegar concoction). She doesn't seem to be transferring the smell to anything. Apparently it can last for two months!!! CRAZY. And extremely not cool.

3 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger SophistiKat said...

Doesn't every dog owner have to go through this at one time or another? I suppose it is like a hazing thing. I can just imagine the skunks sitting in the bushes, plotting which dog is due for a spray.

Hope it doesn't linger.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks for your support. It's EXTREMELY not cool, but it's not bad. The house doesn't smell and I can barely smell it on Mags, so that's good :)

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger manda said...

umm... did maggie get a dye job? and i don't know about that bow...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home