The 695 thought pad

Sunday, September 03, 2006

No, I'm not dead!

Hey, all!! I know it's been FOREVER since I've posted, but I have been a very busy girl. Remi and I moved all our stuff over to Vancouver last weekend (so we didn't have internet last week), I've been trying to get ready for school and get a job for Vancouver (I found two actually) and now we're setting up (it's almost done!) our new apartment. That's a brief run-down...

To elaborate, I'm ready for school, ish. I'm scared to death, but it'll be fine (as everyone keeps telling me). I had an orientation day last Monday, so I got to talk to some of the second year pharm students and meet some of the people in my class. They all seem pretty cool, so that's good. I also learned that I might be able to get out of a couple more classes, but it's going to be a bit of a fight. We'll just have to wait and see.

In other news... I have two jobs lined up. One shift a week at two different Shoppers Drug Marts in town. The first one is right on campus and I can walk over after my last class on Friday, so it's perfect. The other one is not opened yet. It's a new one they're putting in a huge medical clinic they're building near Vancouver General Hospital. I only wanted to do one or the other, but this job sounds way too cool. They will be dealing with a lot of discharge medication, IV bags, chemo meds, etc. Very interesting to a nerd like me ;)

Umm... Remi had his contract extended at Malaspina. That means that he's staying on the island with some friends until end of Sept-Oct. We're not sure which yet. He also got an ambiguous email today from someone in the Centre for Shellfish Research about teaching short term classes, so... I don't think that's an opportunity he can pass up, it's too much of a resume booster, so he might be there even longer. I'm not happy about it, but it will really advance his career.

That's about it for now. Maggie seems to be adjusting just fine to the new surroundings. OH! Speaking of Maggie... She was attacked by two bull mastifs last weekend. Luckily she (and I - who was on the ground trying to pry those big dogs teeth from my Maggie's neck) are ok. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen. They pushed past their owner out of a half-closed van door and ran straight for Maggie. SCARY. I couldn't find a really good picture of one, but google it. They're big, mean looking dogs, who I'm sure could be really great pets if they were properly trained, but since people in our old neighbourhood use dogs as guard dogs instead of socializing them, they're viscious killers. I called animal control and the dogs are now classed as "viscous" and the owner's were fined $200/dog. Next time they do something like this it's $1000/dog.

Anyway, I'm off. I should be organizing my office for school on Monday. Get posting guys!! Amanda, how the hell are you? Sue/Dave, where the hell are you??

sarah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home