The 695 thought pad

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Retro in Nanaimo!

So, last night rocked. Remi and I met some of his pals from the F'nA program (that's fisheries and aquaculture) at a bar here called The Queens and the best cover band I've ever seen was playing. They're called "That 70s Band" and all they play is 70s rock and roll, I'm talking Trooper, The Stones, CCR (not sure how 70s they are but whatev), Aerosmith, Nazarath, etc. etc. It FUCKING ROCKED!!! That was the best night out we've had out here so far. Reminded me of the trash - dancing, drinking, retro!

Here is their website: http://www.that70sband.ca/

HILARIOUS costumes (clearly purchased at Valu Village:















And they also have a lite-brite with the band name on it on stage. COOL.

So if any of you are planning to come to visit me EVER (and you should - it's f'in beautiful here today, one day like this and you never want to leave) they play at that bar about once a month or so (next time on June 2nd and 3rd) ;) Revive the Trash in Nanaimo! (to clarify, the bar is actually called The Queens, Dave, I'm just saying "revive the trash" because that's what we're going to do)

OK, I'm gonna go get a suntan :) BYE!

1 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger SophistiKat said...

There's a bar called Revive the Trash in Nanaimo? Haha! I miss stoned Dave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home