The 695 thought pad

Friday, April 21, 2006

Maine it is!

Yes, I have a job. After a few phone calls, they offered, and I said, give me a day, "I have something I need to check on." Which was true, I did want to check on another position I had applied to, but I really could have said yes right then and there. Anyway, I gave them my acceptance, and as of June 1, I will be in Maine. I will definitely be there until Aug 22, but there is a good chance it will be extended until November - a big bonus. Ahhhh, it's such a relief...

And I have a really good feeling about where this job could lead. Since it's so closely tied to the Audubon Society, I will have some pretty great contacts, which could help me get into a more long term position, puffins or not.

I'm hoping that I don't have a lingering tendancy towards seasickness and that I will be able to deal with some pretty primitive conditions the first couple weeks. I will be spending two weeks out on one of the islands camping with what one of the guys called, "a tornado of birds." I'm sure it will be exhilarating, but I will probably get tired of sleeping on the ground and eating beans.

Needless to say, I'm very excited and also anxious about it. So, I have some marine life to study and some sea climate essentials to get. If you need me this summer, I'll be on the Atlantic.

http://www.projectpuffin.org/

2 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

So freakin' cool, 4man!!! I'm jealous. I always wanted to be a real live zoologist! Congrats :)

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger manda said...

Sweet deal! I'm glad that if I can't look forward to a decent future, at least you can! Congrats, and YAY PUFFINSSSS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home