The 695 thought pad

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Nature walk!

Hello, all. I've been having trouble accessing the blog lately, but here I am! Just wanted to post a picture our resident naturalist might be interested in. We went on a bit of a hike today (it was frickin' gorgeous!) and saw a true example of the "dog eat dog" (or "snake eat frog") world that we live in.

I miss you guys and look forward to seeing you soon-ish!

Sarah

PS. 4man, tornados are so cool! Here our sign of spring is just some boring robins, earthworms and buds on the trees!

1 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger SophistiKat said...

Cool, it's not often that you get to see that happening outside of captivity. Exciting find! It looks like a ribbon snake or some sort of garter and my best guess on the frog is a wood frog. But, you guys are in BC, and that's a totally different ecozone than what I'm familiar with, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

And yes, we have all the other signs of spring, too, but the robins stayed through the winter here. Another sign: some flowers are already blooming! Nothing like those Canadian springs, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home