The 695 thought pad

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Grey's Anatomy I

I'm happy that you made it back safely to the good ol' USA Kat. It's too bad your visit had to be so short. This past weekend would have been perfect for a good tour of the area. On another note, I was thinking about starting a Grey's Anatomy blob within a blog. Is that possible? Do I even have the right techie lingo?? Probably not. But I figured since I'm a devote GA viewer and NOT a devote blogger, this might be a good way to get some consistent posting going. So I was going to start it this week but then the Oscars overtook Sunday night so GA wasn't even on. Unfortunately, I'm a big baby and go to bed before GA comes on so I always make sure to tape it and watch it within the next couple of days. So my posting of comments won't probably come until mid-week each week. I know some of you out there may watch the occasional episode (Amanda you stole my msn name!) so please feel free to post!

Here's my take on the most recent episodes . . .

I have to say that overall the show is getting MUCH better. My two favourite episodes have to be the bomb in the dude's chest. I was so into that episode I had my fist clenching the bottom of my shirt and I'm pretty sure I forgot to breathe for a good couple of minutes. If anyone remembers the shower scene with an a cappela song playing, I am in love with that song. Such a beautiful song for such a strong scene, or at least an emotional one. The song's "Unlike Me" by Kate Havnevik from Norway. The song's on her soon-to-be-released album Melankton. I've done some searching about her and apparently I'm not the only one who was quite taken with her song. I highly recommend it.

I'm loving that they introduced Mark aka "McSteamy" into the show now. Does anyone know who actor that is? Very hot and looks familiar but I can't place him. Nice to see the interplay between he, Addison and Derek. I'm anxious to see where that goes, and now that McDreamy and Meredith are friends.

So that brings us to the most recent episode - the extremely painful one to watch between George and Meredith. I think she pulled off a very good bad-sex scene. It was killing me. Poor George, I love his character. That episode left me feeling kinda unsettled afterwards, so I cranked up Fiddy and others and did some Pilates. I was soon feeling better :)

So that's my quick take on the most recent episodes. I could go on into much greater detail/analysis but I don't want to sound too pathetic. But hey! I don't have too much else to do!

So this is my mission: One Grey's Anatomy post per week. All opinions welcome!

Next Week: Grey's Anatomy II

Sue

1 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

So how are YOU, Sue? ;) I've never watched GA. When is it on and what channel? I want to be able to contribute to your posts in some way! I hope it's not CTV because we don't get it. I tried to find the Oscars and I couldn't watch it because we don't get freakin' CTV! WTF?? I mean, besides CBC and Global, is there a more CANADIAN channel?? I think NOT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home