The 695 thought pad

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Not back afterall...

So my TKD dream lasted less than a week. I went to two classes last week, loved it, but realized we couldn't afford it right now. The club I went to requires you to buy ALL the equipment, everything from chest protector, crotch guard, and head gear, etc. And so we decided it was a no-go. Instead, I went to join a gym today. I can do aerobics/yoga/aquafit/etc. a few nights a week and maybe swim on the weekends. The gym has a pool and all the classes and both are included in the monthly rate. So anyway, yay! for getting in shape.

Other than that, nothing's new. I have a headache today *ick* and I'm trying to write a paper on how understanding systems of oppression (i.e. sexism, classism, racism, heterosexism, etc.) is key to understanding gender issues. The topic may be what's giving me the headache.

In other news, I saw "Brokeback Mountain" on Friday night. For those of you who don't know, that's the controversial "gay cowboy" flick that's out now with Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal. It was especially fantastic in itself, but the two actors were AMAZING. I really believed that they were in love/lust. And it was tastefully done. Enough to shake up the conservatives out there, but not too much.

Anyway, it's a renter for all the womens anyway. Not really your speed, Dave ;)

H'ok. I'm off. Enough procrastinating! Back to writing...

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Leafer said...

Yeeeeeahhh, I hadn't really planned on seeing BBM anyways. Jake Gylenhall will always be Donnie Darko and I don't want to ruin that image.

That's the second response I've left where I said I didn't want to ruin an image. wtf.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home