The 695 thought pad

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

away for the weekend

I'm heading out tomorrow to go to northwest Indiana for a wedding, so I wanted to take some time to check in. I really don't have much to update, it's life per usual right meow. My pseudo-boss, Dick, from the park was able to get me signed up for about 50 hours of work to change the bulletin boards. I'm stoked to have the money, plus it's doing basically my favorite part of my usual job out there. It'll be nice to have something to do for a while, too. Yup, living the life of nothing has started to get to me.

As far as other jobs/internships/life is concerned, nothing of note yet. Reservations have been made in Guelph for the nights of the 20-22 (so I will be in town Wed night, if anyone is interested in going to Trash that night, hint, hint). My brother, Shelby and Breckin are coming up for the ceremony, too. I'm excited to have them there. We are still working out the schedule for post-graduation.


Along with the wedding this weekend, we are going to see my uncle in Chicago Heights as well as go to downtown Chi-town, chiefly to eat at the famous Berghoff Restaurant. Okay, maybe you have never heard of it, but if you were to ask anyone who has lived in or been to Chicago, they would know it. It's a family-owned german place that has an atmosphere of an elegant pub. We are making a special trip into the city not only because the food it terrific, but because they are closing down in the end of Feb. It's the end of an era for Chicago, and another sign that things are changing, along with Macy's buying Marshall Field's and not even having the decency to keep the legendary name. Boo on Macy's. >:(

Anyway, when we get back home, I am to start eating up my 50 hours. I have also been asked to present to junior high kids about biomes by one of the teachers there. I feel as if I'm flying blind on this one, but I don't think I can mess it up too much. We will see.

That's all for meow, I'll check in with yous guys later.

3 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Blogger manda said...

hahahahhahahaaaaaa
settle down meow!

omg I'm peeing

consider me booked off of work for that wednesday night.... though I will never in a million years get the thursday off, so that should be interesting.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Once again, take my picture, dance with it.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Leafer said...

Picture dancing will occur.

Time to get back to work meow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home