The 695 thought pad

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

That's him!

Well, the verdict is in and the name is in fact Breckin McConaughey. The funny thing is, I don't know how they spelled McConaughey, because Karsh said that when they filled out the paperwork, he checked the spelling online. Then later, they found what they had put down was wrong. But anyway, that is the name. I think maybe later on down the road, McConaughey will sound better when Matthew fades out of the spotlight a bit. In the meantime, it is his middle name, so it won't have daily use.

So, they're at home now and settling in. Good news is that my parents are really showing their excitement now. I figured they'd come around. I just hope it remains when they go down to visit later in October. I got to see a picture of Shelby, and she doesn't look anything like I thought she would. But now that I think about it, my brother hasn't really shown any trends in how his girlfriends look, just the fact that their names all end in "y" or "i." So, anyway, she is pretty, so the blend should be good for Breckin. You can't tell in the picture, but he apparently has a dark mop of hair. If you look close, you can almost see a sideburn. I love it!


Here at home, the house is a mess. And when I say mess, I mean it. Amanda knows what it looks like on a regular basis, so she'll understand. We've been moving furniture and stuff since my parents decided to have new carpet and flooring put in to the kitchen, pantry, family room, and porch. We've had to pack rooms full of stuff. So much so that I'm appreciating the fact that our floor boards seem to be quality stuff. Anyway, it's very aggitating, but it's finally over. It's all down, but we have to wait for some furniture to be delivered before we can move the stuff back. Penelope, my cat, has been freaked out by all the movement, strange men, and new smells. It's cute, though, because she is so hesitant to walk on the new stuff. When you think about it from her standpoint, it's like a new world for her, since she's only a few inches of the ground.

Well, I'm starting to babble, and I have some schoolwork to do. For those of you who have expressed regret over the loss of school, do you miss the work or is it just the friends, atmosphere, and activities? If it isn't the work, then don't envy me, because I have all the work without the other benefits. But, I did find some florite and glauconite on my mineralogy class' field trip to a quarry. That helps, plus the fact that there is a nice piece of eye candy in that class... Anyway, I'm starting to babble again so I'll take my leave here. Check in with you folks later!

Oh, one more thing, my parents changed their plans, so I'm going to be in Guelph on the night of the 11th now. I don't know if that'll make a big difference, but I thought I should let everyone know. Okay, bye!

-kcf

1 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

The baby is adorable!! I'm glad everyone is healthy and doing well :) I'm sure it'll be fine when your parents meet the new family member - babies soften EVERYONE! And I actually miss the whole atmosphere of school. From the friends to the work to the exams to the HOUSE. MAN, I MISS the house!

Anyway, wish your brother the best :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home