The 695 thought pad

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

New with me...

Hey, guys!


So, no one is posting again!! Well here I am for a little update.


Summer vacation is here!! I finished exams on the 25th of April and most of my marks are back (clearly, I'm a genius, luckily), so I'm done first year pharmacy!! VERY exciting. I've started my new job at the hospital pharmacy that is within walking distance of my house. It's good so far. I'm learning A LOT. Apparently there are injectibles for most drugs out there! Who knew?? And also a million things I've never heard of. Needless to say, it's a learning experience and I'm enjoying it. This week and last I've been restocking meds in the various wards of the hospital. It's a good way to learn where the meds are in the pharmacy as well as the layout of the hospital, both useful things to know ;) Next week I'm in the dispensary. Apparently entering doctor's orders into the computer is the hardest thing to learn. Hopefully my community experience will come in handy.


In other news, Remi and I are starting another adventurous "explore BC" summer. We're going camping this weekend (probably up near Squamish/Whistler). It's not going to be a "hike-in" camp, but we hope to do some hiking. The weekend is supposed to be quite nice. The weather has really improved lately. I think we must finally be heading into the classic BC summers - practically no rain, warm and generally beautiful.


We do have one super-adventurous camping trip planned for the end of June/beginning of July. We're taking six days to hike to Cape Scott, located at the northernmost tip of Vancouver Island. It's about 35 km from the trailhead to Cape Scott, so it should be quite excrutiating, but so worth it! We're really going to have to be careful packing our gear, since everything we need, we'll have to carry with us into the bush. Luckily we have a new-ish tent from Xmas '05 that Remi's brother got us which folds down very small and is quite light, as well as new sleeping bags Remi bought for Xmas this year. That will cut down a lot on the blankets and stuff we had to carry in last summer when we went hiking. Anyway, this is certainly our biggest hike EVER and as such requires a lot of planning and a lot of training. I've joined the gym in our neighbourhood to help get me in shape and Remi and I will be doing hiking with day packs from now until then as often as possible to prepare ourselves.


Anyway, other than that, nothing much is really new. Things are going pretty well right now! *knock on wood* Oh, besides the fact that our new car got scraped by some dumbass driving down our street (probably in an SUV)!! It's not bad and most of it should buff out, but FRICK! Another classic example of Vancouver drivers. I can't wait to get out of this dump!!


I hope everyone is well doing their respective grown-up things. How's the new job, Amanda? Sue, what are you up to? Dave? Kat? Anyone?? I miss you guys!


Sarah :) (as usual, I'm going to leave you with a couple pics)

2 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger testglobaltraffic said...

nice blog

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger SophistiKat said...

Yes, testglobaltraffic, we like to think so.

That's an eagle! And what are you doing letting Maggie roam so close to a snow abyss?!? I'm reporting you, for sure. ;)

Yup, yet again, I have been very negligent in my posting. But not to worry, since I'm sure you'll see me on here more now that I'm in Maine and have little to do in the evenings besides watch movies, read, and go online.

It seems I need to get a hiking partner, so that I can take 6-day hikes and not worry about being left for dead if I'm trampled by a moose. That way I can read your posts and not feel so jealous. In the meantime, I'll wish you wondrous adventures and stew in my envy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home